Monday 24 March 2008

Berry Hill Fields, Stoke-on-Trent

1 Lapland Bunting
3 Redwing
Skylark

I was just about to do the joyous task (not!) of getting some cleaning done around the house, when a quick check of birdguides.com reported a Lapland Bunting on the Adderley Green side of Berry Hill fields.

Sure enough there it was, feeding around a grassy mound in the horse paddock. To add to the feeling of Lapland, a small flurry of snow made it feel at home, and made me feel that I want to get back home. I've never visited this side of Berry Hill before, only the Fenton side when the Red-Backed Shrike was there.

I've really had enough of this non-stop cold wind, this isn't Shetland you know. I haven't really felt like going out and about over Easter. Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, polish and dusters................

No comments: