Friday 4 April 2008

World tour of Wales, part II (west coast-ish)

Monday 31st March.

Time to leave Anglesey now, and head towards Rhayader in mid-Wales. With a few stops on the way of course. The first being the pair of Ospreys at Glaslyn near Porthmadog. They had arrived a few days previously, and were having a well-earned rest after migration.

I then visited Ynys-Hir RSPB reserve. I last visited this reserve in 1985! I'll try not to make it another 23 years for my next visit. Like at Conwy, another good selection. In amongst 42 different species were:

1 Common Sandpiper
1 Little Egret
1 Raven

Also a nice couple of Brimstone butterflies enjoying the spring sunshine.

There had been a Cattle Egret seen recently at a village called Llandre, near Aberystwyth. I had a scan of the fields surrounding the village, no sign unfortunately. So onto Rhayader, check into the guest house, and explore the pubs!

No comments: