Saturday 19 July 2008

It's gone quiet again

Not a lot to report birding wise. I suppose it is still summer, despite the weather. Despite a decent haul at Uttoxeter Quarry on Wednesday evening (including 1 Hobby, 3 Dunlin, 1 Green Sand) it was very quiet today. I'll give Blithfield a try tomorrow.

In these quiet birding times it does give me a chance to make a few arrangements. I've got a couple of trips lined up now. Shetland in October, and I make my return to India in February. Something to look forward to anyway, and I can't wait for both of them!

Actually, I think it's time to don my cricket whites again, if I had any. If someone can get into the England team after playing SIX county championship games, I think I'm in with a chance. And I haven't turned my arm over for fifteen years!

No comments: