Saturday 16 August 2008

The heat is on, the time is right.............

Ooh Olympic Games time again. Unfortunately it always reminds me of this from twenty years ago:



Being off sick from school, and Henry Kelly on the telly asking "What am I?". Don't tempt me Henry.

Just a couple of thoughts of the recent events in China. I really didn't mind Michael Phelps winning all these gold medals, good for him. Until, and no fault of his, I heard some daft American correspondent say he's "The Most Winningest Olympian". Never mind swearing, that really is bad language!

Also, has anyone nicknamed Usain Bolt, the 100 metres champion, "Lightning" yet? If not then I'm claiming all royalties! Unfortunately our Asafa was nowhere.

But anyway, I start a week and a bit off from work now, so extra birding time to be had. Hurrah! Starting in the rain at Uttoxeter Quarry this evening:

5 Green Sandpiper
2 Common Sandpiper
1 Dunlin
5 Oystercatcher
3 Goosander

No comments: