Friday 31 October 2008

Paying Homage to El Presidente!

I’m so glad I found this on Youtube, I only saw it on “Have I Got News For You” earlier. As we all know, “Autumnwatch” is back. Bill Oddie and Kate Humble were being interviewed on BBC Breakfast to plug it, and it was obvious that Bill wasn’t happy with the quality of sound from his earpiece. All can be seen here!

I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but if you watch it I’m prepared to back him up on this one. I don’t blame him for getting annoyed with those two halfwit newsreaders, who in the end were just down right rude (perhaps they should join messrs Woss and Brand?). How on earth Kate Silverton got to present “Big Cat Live” the other week is anyone’s guess. At the end of the day, who’s the one with the OBE?

Bill Oddie was certainly an inspiration to me as a young lad. I also think his unpredictability, as well as his enthusiasm, makes him worth watching. I can only think of one other celeb who’s probably more unpredictable and that’s John Lydon. Now there’s an idea for a new wildlife presenter!

Here’s some more tributes that I’ve found to the great man, president of the West Midland Bird Club and the undisputed king of Ecky Thump. His classic appearance on Never Mind the Buzzcocks a couple of years ago, and Kitten Kong!

No comments: