Friday 15 May 2009

It's All Kicking Off!

Blimey, where do I start? Weather conditions have led to a magnificent passage in recent days. Thought I'd better get up to date before the weekend.

Wednesday 13th May, Uttoxeter Quarry, 18:20 - 20:00

Well, a magnificent passage apart from here! 4 Dunlin and a Ringed Plover was a rather disappointing show. A consolation however was something cute and fluffy:




















Thursday 14th May, Doxey Marshes, 13:00 - 13:40

Lunch-break birding at Doxey led to a Black Tern over Boundary Flash.

Chasewater, 18:20 - 19:20

Grey Plover just to the north of the Water Skiing club, then a walk along the west shore in increasingly misty and drizzly conditions. I could make out the Little Stint amongst the Dunlin and Ringed Plover on the other side of the north shore. But the longer I was there, I was just getting more rain on the lenses to find any Sanderling or Turnstone. I was on the wrong side really.

Friday 15th May, Doxey Marshes, 12:45 - 13:25

Another quick nip out to Doxey. No Black Tern today but a drake Garganey feeding away right in front of the hide at Tillington Flash. Typically I left the camera at home. Also around were 5 Dunlin, 1 Ringed Plover and 3 Common Sandpiper.

Uttoxeter Quarry, 19:20 - 20:40.

Missed out on Steve's Black Tern and Andy's Sanderling found earlier in the day. But 16 Dunlin and 7 Ringed Plover around.

Phew! Get my breath back, and off we go again this weekend................

No comments: