Wednesday 23 June 2010

Three Shirts on My Line

I've had a day off today. I booked it months ago for the England v Slovenia game. I had wondered for the last few days whether it was worth bothering, but we've won, hurrah. Bring on the second round.

I did check Uttoxeter Quarry this morning. In addition to all the usual suspects, the main highlight was a Black-tailed Godwit, which has been around for a few days now. Also lots and lots of pollen, so I didn't stay all that long.

As for the blog title. Well, I was most saddened to hear of the passing of the "Bard of Timperley" and all-round musical genius, Frank Sidebottom.



Don't know what Little Frank is going to do now. Frank did have a World Cup song going, called "Three Shirts on My Line". This clip, found on Youtube, appears to be Frank's last ever performance.



It's a completely original song, doesn't remind me of anything I've heard before. Especially the line "It's gone next door, it's gone next door, me football, me football's gone next door". But anyway, as England are through to the knockout stage, let's do it for Frank. You know we should, we really should.

Thank you.

No comments: