Thursday 15 July 2010

A find and a twitch

That's better! See what a bit of a change in the weather can do. Although you'll realise that it's simple to work out which one of the following two birds is a find and which one is the twitch.

Wednesday 14th July.

A few showers around so I thought I would give Uttoxeter Quarry a try. And I'm very glad I did because it paid off, as I found a cracking Wood Sandpiper.


Quite a brightly marked bird so I assume it's a juvenile. Other notable wader counts included 3 Green Sandpipers, 14 Oystercatchers and 5 Curlew.

As for this evening, Thursday 15th July. Well, what I thought was going to be a quiet evening at home changed completely at about 7pm, as news broke of a Franklin's Gull at Chasewater. Right in the middle of cooking my tea, talk about a curry in a hurry!

Tea was scoffed down in record time, and with Andy arriving at my house with perfect timing, off we went through Uttoxeter, Rugeley and Hednesford, down to the sailing club at Chasewater. And here's the result!


Still can't see it, how about a bit more cropping?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://beautifulvagabonds.blogspot.com is my URL thanks

Anonymous said...

Hey there, I must say I like your blog. Your photos of the plovers are really nice (difficult bird to get close to).
I was wondering if you could have a look at my blog...perhaps we could link up? (I've added yours already). Thanks and keep up the good work.