Tuesday 24 August 2010

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty

I was out birding on Sunday, the day after my dip on the Humber. But other than 3 very nice Redstarts at Uttoxeter Quarry, not much else out of the ordinary.

But I've had a very productive evening at Blithers after work today. After the pager mentioned an immature Kittiwake during lunchtime, thought I'd have a look. Starting off round the dam, heading towards the causeway, I first saw the bird in flight off St. Stephens Bay.

It then took a bit of re-finding when parked up at the causeway. But eventually the bird flew over to the north side of the reservoir and settled down on the water.


And still a couple of juvenile Little Gulls around, one of them settling with the Blackheads along Admaston Reach.


All this, plus 1 Knot, 13 Ringed Plover and 4 Dunlin. Not bad for an hour and a bit.

No comments: