Tuesday 7 September 2010

What I Did On My Holidays, Part II

Tuesday 7th September.

A lot of rain overnight, so once a trip to the dentist was out of the way I eagerly made my way over to Uttoxeter Quarry.

And the rain paid off. Well, I assume it did, because I assume this is a different Spotted Redshank to the one here last Friday.


According to the pager, a Black Tern had also been brought down at Blithfield. Over the afternoon, there were actually two Black Terns flying around the deep end.

Whilst sat in the Tad Bay hide the pager went off again, mentioning a Little Stint and nine Curlew Sandpipers in Ten Acre Bay. Great stuff I thought, so off I went, as did Richard "oooh Richie Berry" Berry. But alas, on the island in Ten Acre Bay all we could make out were 2 Curlew Sands, 11 Dunlin and a Ringed Plover. Never mind.


In addition was a Sanderling in St. Stephens Bay, associating itself with 2 Dunlin and 2 Ringed Plovers.

No comments: