Sunday 18 March 2012

Two Crises in a day!

Yep that's right, two crisissississes yesterday. One of which was easily resolved, the other was the unsurprising-sacking of Paul Peschisolido! Well, the Albion haven't won a game since Boxing Day and with fourteen games without a win, it was inevitable. Wonder who the new manager will be? Time to put my application in!

The other crisis? I didn't realise until last weekend that I've got a hole in me welly! So I had to get a new pair. After a little shopping expedition in Hanley it was over to Berry Hill Fields, where a very early Ring Ouzel had been found.


Although definitely a male, it didn't quite look like a full adult, but I could be wrong. Also present were a pair of Wheatears in the fabled White Door paddock, and a Fieldfare to provide a seasonal crossover.

Christening my new wellies round Uttoxeter Quarry afterwards produced the Ringed Plover still around from last week, a pair of Pintail, 20 Goosander, 3 Goldeneye, 3 Shoveler, 8 Pochard, 2 Shelduck, 2 Green Sands, 9 Curlew.

And very similar fayre at Uttoxeter Quarry today really, with the only difference being the quarry's first Chiffchaff of the year. Still no sign of Sand Martins or Little Ringed Plovers yet, surely next weekend?

1 comment:

Rich said...

Nice photo! Much more talk of birds like that and you'll have me back out with me 'bins! ;-)

Maybe...